With the re-organisation of public transport and the motorway system, our house is now located in a most strategic position close to the Southwestern Motorway, Avondale Train Station, and bus stations. The new Waitakere Motorway Exit is only two kilometres away. Travel time to the airport: 18 minutes, inner city (CBD, Queen St, University): 16 minutes, Eden Park Stadium: 13 minutes. We are in easy walking distance (1100m) to the new Avondale Train Station. Travel times from Avondale Train Station are: Mt Albert (3 minutes), Morningside-Eden Park Stadium (8 min), Grafton (15min), Newmarket (17 min), Britomat (28 mins). The next bus stop is at Tiverton Rd corner Whitney St (about 200m). From there are direct busses to the City, the university, New Lynn Mall, and St Lukes Mall.
Facilities in walking distance to our house are shown in the following 1 km radius map of 22 Whitney Street. Bus stops are marked with small green dots, the large green circle is the train station Avondale. Other locations are marked with letter A–E :
* A — In a distance of up to 200m: Fine Horse Chinese Takeaway & Fish’nChips, a dairy shop, a Beauty Salon, a laundrette, and a playground.
* B — Some shops, pharmacy, fast food restaurants, pizzeria, butcher, barber and a petrol station.
* C — Avondale Village with several shops, banks, post office, police office, physicians, dentists, cinema, bakery etc.
* D — Here’s a pub, a few grocery shops, a butcher etc.
* e — Pak’nSave supermarket.
* f — Malaysia Noodle & Rice House. Good and cheap.