Three Sleep-Friendly Bedrooms
Our bedrooms fulfil the requirements for sleep-friendly bedrooms
- Noise. Only one of the three bedrooms faces the street, but during the night there are only very few cars passing by. The other two bedrooms are very quiet.
- Light inhibits the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that naturally promotes sleep. All our bedrooms have darkening curtains and are equipped with night lights for those who do not like to sleep in complete darkness.
- Comfort: We only use quality mattresses made in New Zealand
- Hygiene: Our bedrooms are spotlessly clean. We do not use American style bedding with blankets, flat sheet, and fitted sheet. Instead we use more hygienic European style duvet, duvet cover, and fitted sheets. We clean replace duvets and pillows on a regular basis. All mattresses are equipped with anti-allergy mattress protectors to assure highest hygiene standards for a rental accommodation. The mattress protector is not an inexpensive fitted sheet, but hypoallergenic waterproof, yet breathable, mattress protectors that fully encases the entire mattress.
- Temperature: The bedrooms are neither too warm nor too cold. In the summer we use summer duvets, and in winter thicker duvets. Therefore it is not necessary to heat the bedrooms in winter as the whole house has excellent underfloor insulation (2011), ceiling/roof insulation (2009), and descent wall insulation.
The three bedrooms provide enough space for six person. All rooms received new furniture, new curtains, new mattresses, and 100% NZ wool carpets in 2011. Each room features a built-in wall cabinet with ample of storage, a mirror, one or two bedside tables with lamp. The beds are solid beds with high quality mattresses. Most beds and mattresses, and also the carpets are made in New Zealand. Where possible, we try to support local Auckland or NZ businesses.
The north-facing bedroom is the only of the three bedrooms of our vacation rental Holiday Home Te Koru 1 that has a super king double bed measuring 1800x2030mm. It also has a dresser with six drawers and a large mirror.
This north-facing bedroom is the largest of the three bedrooms. It features two king-single beds (1050x2030mm).
This is the smallest of the three bedrooms of our holiday house. It features one king-single bed (1050x2030mm) and one pull-out roller single bed (900x1900mm).