A Sleep-Friendly Bedroom
Our bedroom is very sleep-friendly!
- Noise: The bedroom is very quiet. Your sleep will not be disturbed.
- Light: The room has darkening curtains and a night light for those who do not like to sleep in complete darkness.
- Comfort: We only use quality mattresses made in New Zealand
- Hygiene: The bedroom is spotlessly clean. We do not use American style bedding with blankets, flat sheet, and fitted sheet. Instead we use more hygienic European style duvet, duvet cover, and fitted sheets. We clean replace duvets and pillows on a regular basis. The queen-size mattress is equipped with an anti-allergy mattress protector to assure highest hygiene standards. It is not an inexpensive fitted sheet, but a hypoallergenic waterproof, yet breathable mattress protectors that fully encases the entire mattress.
- Temperature: The bedroom is neither too warm nor too cold. In the summer we use summer duvets, and in winter thicker duvets. Therefore it is not necessary to heat or cool the bedroom as the whole house has excellent underfloor insulation (2011), ceiling/roof insulation (2009), and descent wall insulation.
The bedrooms received new furniture (all NZ made), new curtains, new mattresses, and 100% NZ wool carpets between 2011 and 2014. Besides the bed there is a chair, a mirror, and bedside table with lamp.
The lounge has a sofa which can be converted into a sofa bed with a proper mattress. The mattress is slightly smaller than a queen size mattress and is suitable for two children.
A king-single bed is available in the sleepout in the garden.